Saturday, June 13, 2009

Marion Hossa chose poorly

Last year, the Pittsburgh Penguins lost the Stanley Cup to detroit. It was rough. I don't think the team was ready for that battle. Marion Hossa screwed around forever, pretending he was going to stay in the burgh, but in fact, was double dealing with detroit. I don't care that he left. It was how he went about it that was really shitty.

Let me back up to say that Rob and I looooooove the Penguins. We are full plan season ticket holders. We go to almost every home game during the season. We have been looking forward to this match up all season.

Anyway, last night, we put the baby to bed, and settled down to watch the game of all games. I think we knew early on that the Pens were going to win. We just felt it. I won't go into all the details of the game. People who really want to know saw it. One of the best parts was the look on Hossa's face when the realization of what happened settled in. It was like, holy crap, I made a big stink about choosing detroit because I could get the cup there and not only did I not win the cup, but I lost it to the team I hinted sucked to badly to win it. That was gold.

I am now looking forward to the Hossa interview. I know he won't say anything stupid. He won't even interview until he has the perfect "statement" for the inevitable question. But nothing can stop the look in his eyes when the question is asked 109348394 times. Last night, the first thing I said to my husband was "he chose poorly" from Indiana Jones of course.

It was truly a great night. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment