Thursday, March 25, 2010

6 Weird Things About Me

1.  I love the smell of chlorine.  I love swimming in a freshly chlorinated pool.  I guess it's reassuring to know it's been cleaned and doesn't just look clean.  I love an INDOOR freshly chlorinated pool even more.  As I sit here and type this, I wish I could smell a freshly chlorinated pool.

2.  I love office supplies.  I love them to the point of addiction.  It is not safe to let me enter Staples.  If I could, I would buy every neat office supply and have the largest home office in the world.  I'd quit my job and open up my own business of organizing offices.  Only offices.  I know, I have issues.

3.  I don't like my food to touch.  Ever.  Ever.  Seriously.  I cannot handle my food being mixed together.  Only like two things in the world will I mix.  I don't even mix my sesame chicken and my rice when we get Chinese food.  I don't like tastes combined.  I mean, pasta and its sauce, that's fine, but like pasta with it's sauce and my green beans touching it, that's it.  Barf.

4.  Continuing with my weird food things?  I eat things in a specific order.  I am not the kind of person that eats some of this, then some of that, then back to this.  No way.  If I make a roast, mashed potatoes, and a vegetable.  I eat the meat until I don't want anymore of it or finish my serving.  Then the potatoes.  Then the vegetable.  In that order.  If I get a hamburger and fries at a restaurant, it's the fries then the hamburger.  In that order.  It makes for an interesting situation when the server keeps coming to your table to see if your hamburger is done properly.  I think the Longhorn staff facepalm when they see us coming.

5.  I don't seem to get into popular tv shows until after they are either canceled or have been out for like 5 years.  Or I'll catch them in the last season.  I simply don't have the time to commit to watching a tv show every week.  I don't know why?  It always seems like the best shows are on too late for my tired self.  DVRing is always an option, but then I'd have to find the time to actually watch the shows.......so usually I get clued in way after they're on, and catch the reruns that are on at a more manageable time for me!

6.  My husband and I have codes for everything.  Seriously.  I don't think anybody could ever realize what we're talking about in person, on facebook, in email.  At first, it was silly.  Now it's sly.  I find it quite entertaining.  I love being able to have the freedom to speak my mind about things only he and I will understand without anyone else having a clue what's going on.  We are the hugest geeks in the world and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment