Sunday, November 6, 2011

31 Weeks!

We're getting there....9 weeks left.  Well, more like anywhere from 6-8 weeks left.  Dexter was born at 37 weeks due to preeclampsia.  My doctors are pushing for me to get to 37 weeks this time.  My blood pressure has already been a little high, though my last visit it was perfect!!

I've also been diagnosed with gestational diabetes, which um, SUCKS.  It may not seem like it would be that bad, but when you're craving something, guess what?  You can't have it.

I eat the same things for every meal, except for dinner.  And dinner?  I only have a little variety there.  The OB says it's not uncommon to feel a lot of anger and sadness.  Yeah, I totally have that dude.  It's hard.  And it's not like regular diabetes.  I've learned that quickly, and the dietician I went to made sure to point that out first and foremost.  The placenta actually blocks my body from doing what it needs to do. 

That is one of the hardest parts I think.  I have diabetic family members and friends who have tried to be so helpful, and I appreciate it!  Unfortunately, GD doesn't necessarily work like that.  The other day, I was low on peanut butter so I didn't have exactly 3 tablespoons for lunch.  My blood sugar, which is normally between 100-107 at my hour past lunch check, was 157.  Nothing else in my lunch was different.  Can you believe that one factor completely killed my bs?  It did!  That's how strict this is.  I can't even just eat vegetables when I'm hungry.  I can't have cheese and milk in the same meal.  Other than strict times with perfect balance, I can't eat fruit. 

I'm so trying not to be public with all of this, because I know there are people who have it worse than me by a long shot.  But, frankly, it's hard.  And it's even worse when someone says, "you only have 9 weeks left."  It may not seem like a lot but it's a 189 meals of suck.  That's a heck of a lot of suck.  And tears.

Anyone want to bring me some Monte Cello's pizza after the baby comes???

No comments:

Post a Comment