Monday, January 9, 2012

2011 in Review...

Borrowed from a fellow blogger....

I love this kind of stuff!  Plus it gives me a chance to reflect on the year that has passed...


1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Almost hosted Thanksgiving dinner for my family....until we had a plumbing problem and had to be creative for a week until our plumber could come out and fix the problem.  Yikes!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My only goal for 2011 was to get pregnant, and  I did!  I definitely will have some goals for this year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I did.  On December 30 to our lovely daughter, Annalise.


4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, I lost my uncle after a long battle with cancer.  It's how we started 2011. A year and 2 days after I lost my beloved grandmother.

5. What countries did you visit?
None.  We remained in the USA.

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you didn’t have in 2011?
no health problems.  End of story.
 
7. What dates from 2011 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
July 5th, the day I discovered I was pregnant.  December 30, the birth of my daughter.


8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
I survived my first year as a home owner.  This may not seem like a big deal, but after renting in our teeny, tiny townhouse, where we had a rental company that took care of all of our problems, a year of being a home owner was a pretty big deal.

9. What was your biggest failure?
The baby weight from Dexter is still there. Why is it so hard??

10.  Did you suffer illness or injury?
 I had gestational diabetes and a c-section.  still recovering from the c-section.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Rob's new car.  Thank goodness.  We can travel safely in his vehicle once again!  A freezer...so needed, and I have no clue why we put it off for so long!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband and my parents.  They were very supportive during a rough pregnancy and delivery.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I really don't dwell on the bad behavior of others.  It's not worth it.


14. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage, bills.  The usual.


15. What did you get really excited about?
Discovering that after a year of hardship, countless complications, that we were finally pregnant.


16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Party Rock Anthem...Dexter cracks me up when that song comes on.


17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Happier
Thinner
Richer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Working out.  I need to get back into it.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Letting people make me feel bad.  I need to let mean people stay out of my life.

20. How will you spend Christmas?
With our families...the way we always do and we love it.

21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Rob and I celebrated 5 years married.  We are very much in love.  We love our son, and we fell in love with our little girl.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Gilmore Girls, Criminal Minds, many HGTV shows.

23. What was the best book you read?
Twenties Girl.  My favorite author.  :)

24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I have no clue...Really I don't.

25. What did you want and get?
A baby!

26. What did you want and not get?
The ability to be a stay at home mom.

27. What was your favorite film of 2011?
We haven't been to the movies in forever.  Though I loved Bridesmaids which I saw on DVD.  Hahaha.


28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
32.  I don't remember what we did, but I'm sure we went out to dinner and enjoyed an adult only evening.


29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Knowing I'd be spending every day with my children, it's all I want to do these days.


30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2011 ?
I wore maternity clothes for a big portion of it, so...comfortable, but work appropriate.

31. What kept you sane?
My husband and my mother. 

32. What political issue stirred you the most?
The changes in healthcare.  I'm sure it benefits some.  It made things much more expensive for us.


33. Who did you miss?
My grandmother.  I'm still not used to her not being here.  She was my rock.

34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
There are way more mean people in this world than there should be.  There are also a lot of people who are used to getting their way.  Sometimes these two people are one.  Dealing with them is not pleasant.


35. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Be not afraid.
I go before you always.
Come follow me, and
I will give you rest.

-John Michael Talbot

No comments:

Post a Comment