Thursday, April 7, 2011

And then there were two.

This week, I was able to experience (really experience) single motherhood.  I'm not talking about, my husband went out for the night.  He has been in Kentucky for work...all.week.long. 

Um, hello, can we say yuck?

It's funny.  I know that I can do all of this on my own.  I did it obviously.  As parents, we adapt how we need in order to do the best we can for our kids.  I think, mentally, the week was rough.  I kept hearing noises at night, like omg, someone is breaking into my house.  I kept feeling like I'd forget something when I was taking Dex to our 2 day a week sitter.  I mean, she's awesome and would've done fine, but still.  It's that whole need to prove, I CAN DO THIS. 

What did I discover this week?

A.  I can totally do it.  I had Dex's things packed each evening before 5:30 for the next day, which made my mornings run smoothly.
B.  Dex and I had a great time playing, just he and I.
C.  Even though bath time is usually Daddy's job, Mommy does it pretty well.


and most importantly.....

D.  I 100000000 times prefer it when he's here with me.

1 comment:

  1. I remember those days too. It's not about handling it as much is it's about the being alone. Glad he's home!

    ReplyDelete