Saturday, April 2, 2011

Happy birthday baby boy!

He will always be my baby, ahem.

His birth was such a wild ride for us.  It seems like yesterday.  I'm not sure I like time going this fast!

However, if he wasn't 2 today, then I wouldn't be enjoying the lovely game of throw the ball, bring it back with him that I am while I try and type this.  Ha!

This past year has been wild.  It's amazing what all he's learned.  He started really walking (not just taking steps) on his 1st birthday.  He knows all of his letters.  All of them.  Has for months.  One of his favorite activities is finding letters around the house or out and and about.  He can say most of them.  He knows all of his numbers.  He knows all of his colors.  I have no clue if that's typical 2, but it makes me proud.  He can follow 3 step directions.  He likes to help cook and clean.  He loves building with legos.  LOVES.  He loves reading books.  His favorite?  S is for School. A one dollar book from Target.  Thanks Target!  He loves to play outside (when the weather isn't garbage).  He's a daredevil, aka, typical boy.  He asks for permission (eese!) and points at what he wants to do before he does it.  (yeah I know 2 is here and that's going away)  He will choose peas and beets over almost any other food.  Sesame Street is the only thing he watches on tv and he's obsessed with Elmo, Ernie, Big Bird, Kermit...etc.  He likes to point to objects as you count.  He likes to match pictures with his Memory game.  He still lines things up orderly and if possible by color. 

I could go on and on...

We love you baby boy!  Get used to it, I'll be calling you that forever!

Happy Birthday, Dexter!

No comments:

Post a Comment