Saturday, November 20, 2010

That's how this peacock dances, ha cha cha cha!

I don't think it's any secret that my kid, like many kids, loooves to be outside.  He would rather be outside running and playing than doing almost anything else. 

November has been putting a damper on that.  My husband and I both work full time, outside the home.  Dexter is either with a grandparent, or since my dad's surgery especially, with our 2 day a week (lately 3 day a week sitter).  We get home and we have dinner and it seems 30 minutes later, it's dark!  Plus it's been raining.  Plus it's been cold.  I feel bad for the poor little guy!  All he wants is to run around outside, roll on the ground, and play in the dirt.  I ask you, is that too much to ask???

So last night, before dinner, we decided cold or no cold, dark or no dark, we're going outside darn it!  And outside we went.  I mean it's not like it's 10pm or something.  It was like 5:00, but still dusky.  I had been out earlier and it was kind of pleasant, so on goes the heavy hoodie and a coat and out we go.  Ummm...yeah it's dropped like 10 degrees.  So, out comes the winter coat which goes over the hoodie.  We're ready to rock and roll.

He had a blast!  I had to run and get the camera.  Watching him run around red faced and excited to be out in the crisp air was worth mommy and daddy being cold.  He was only out for about 30 minutes, because he needed to have dinner and jeez it was cold, but he had a blast!

This morning, after he had breakfast and we let it warm up a bit (um yeah, it so did not warm up at all!), the sweatshirt, winter coat, hat, back on and out we go.  He ran outside for almost an hour before he was just too cold to take it!  He's such a cold trooper.  I'm hoping he has as much fun in the snow this year!

Pre-winter coat when we were like, OMG it's cold out here!

Leaf!


Let's play ball, Daddy!


Up in the air!



Too cute!




Hi Mommy!  I'm not c-c-c-cold.


I see you inside!


No coming in for me yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment