Thursday, September 8, 2011

Baby News!

I know it's been a month to date, since I've updated.  There's a reason for that....I was incapable of posting anything without spilling the beans.  I couldn't do it.  Now that I'm ready, I can come back to my forgotten blog.




It's been a very long journey, most of which is very personal.  Let's just say, having baby number two has not been easy for us.

I am almost 23 weeks and due in early January.  I know that 23 weeks is really far along to make this official announcement (we started telling people 2 weeks ago), but for more personal reasons, that's how it had to be!

Let's just say, we are ecstatic.  Times a zillion.  It's crazy hard to believe that I am over halfway through this pregnancy.  Um what?  I know, hard to believe.

Dexter has moved into his big boy bed.  We bought him furniture in July and had it delievered in August.  The first day?  Yeah he was in and happy.  Who knew?  You hear horror stories about transitioning kids to beds.  We bought him a full size bed, and he looks so little in it, but love the bed.

Our nursery is well on it's way.  Starting to wash unisex clothing, until we know for sure what we're having.  Let's just say the baby was being stubborn at the ultrasound!  I'm hoping prior to birth, we'll know what we're having, but at this point, we're so overjoyed that if we don't, I'm okay with that.

People keep asking, are you hoping for a girl this time?  I can, with every bit of honesty, say we have no preference.  By the time it's all said and done, this will have been a long 2 years.  We are hoping for healthy and happy.  That's it.  We love our little boy, and despite the questions, we would be overjoyed to have another boy, or the adventure of a little girl.


So that's it!  the big news!  Here's to hoping things go by smoothly, not too slowly, and not too quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment